YOGA WARRIORS INTERNATIONAL™ classes were designed in 2005 for Active Duty Military and Veterans and are currently being taught throughout the United States and Canada, as well as overseas to deployed military. Since then, the program has also been used very effectively with First Responders, Bereavement Support Groups, in Drug and Alcohol Treatment facilities and with others who feel the effects of high stress in their lives. YOGA WARRIORS INTERNATIONAL™ conducted a study in 2009 with U.S. military personnel stationed in Kirkuk, Iraq with very positive results, helping to improve the quality of life for those who participated. The study is called “The Effect of Sensory Enhanced Hatha Yoga on Symptoms of Combat Stress in Deployed Military Personnel”. It was published in January 2012 in The American Journal of Occupational Therapy. The entire study can be found here.
Benefits of a Yoga Warriors Practice:
• Develop a flexible mind set, one that can rise to meet day-to-day challenges and quickly return to a calm, relaxed state.
• Manage emotions in day-to-day life using positive stress management techniques.
• Become more present in the moment by drawing awareness to the breath and bodily sensation.
• Improve energy level to support meeting one's daily needs and goals.
• Improve self-acceptance and self-esteem by using affirmations to reduce and reverse negative thinking patterns