FAQ'S that may help you out!
I'm new. Which class should I start with?
There are many all-levels classes at Thrive. It is a safe bet to go to any class with "hatha" in the name. Additionally, our Restorative, Deep Stretch, Yin-Influenced and Kundalini classes are great for beginners.
We offer Gentle Yoga (for beginners) on Mondays at 12:30pm and Foundations at 10am Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What should I wear? What do I need to bring with me?
- Wear anything that is light, comfortable and doesn't restrict your movement. We recommend dressing in light layers just in case you get chilled or too warm.
- Bring a water bottle if you'd like- we do have water, tea, and coffee ready for you though.
- Bring a yoga mat if you have one. Don't have a mat? NO WORRIES...we've got your back. Borrow one of ours or purchase one in our lobby if you prefer.
Am I going to be the only person who...(fill in the blank)?
Seriously no. You are not going to be the only person:
- with mobility issues
- who doesn't bend like a pretzel
- who has NEVER done yoga
- who feels overweight
- who thinks they are too short or too tall
- who wonders if they're too old
- who doesn't know the postures
- who wobbles and feels unsteady
- who feels nervous
- who wonders if they'll fit it (YOU WILL)
- who feels lonely (we will be your community)
- who worries about feeling judged (you WON'T be)
- who passes gas in class. No seriously. Happens all-the-time.
- who snores in savasana (Guilty as charged)
- DO WE NEED TO GO ON?
You are not alone. You will fit in. You will be a part of our community. Come as you are.
I showed up to class right on time. Why was the door locked?
We aim to begin class promptly at the start time noted on the schedule. This means if you show up to an 5:30 class at 5:30 or 5:31, there is a good chance the class has started and you are locked out. Bummer! It has happened to most of us a time or two!
We lock the doors during class times for a couple of reasons. The first is for the safety of the other students/teacher. We don't want anyone just wandering into the studio during our classes after all. The second reason is to preserve the integrity of the class experience for our students. It is distracting when someone walks into a class late, no matter how quiet they try to be. The beginning of class is an important time for students to practice mindfulness and relax away from their busy schedules and life stress. We want to make sure we honor that time for everyone.
If you run late and are locked out, we know you will understand!
Still have questions? Send us an email to ThriveWellness.OC@gmail.com
A note on class etiquette:
We don't take ourselves to seriously around here but we do ask you to follow a couple of guidelines
- Please silence your cell phone (mute if possible, we still hear it vibrating) :)
- If you are setting up your mat after class has begun, please be as quiet as possible.
- Please try to arrive a few minutes early so you don't feel rushed and hurried as you set up your mat and props.
- Have fun. Ask questions. It's ok to laugh. It's ok to cry. It's ok to glare a little when your teacher has you do chair pose for extended amounts of time. :)